If you want to give your yard a makeover, the best artificial turf in Chattanooga, TN is the way to go. It lets you create a picture-perfect lawn without any of the hassles that real grass needs. And with so many different styles and colors to choose from, it’s easy to find a look that fits your home perfectly.
You can install it on various surfaces, not just soil, which opens a lot of design opportunities. On top of all that, it also comes with the following special features that ensure it’ll last for a long time:
Non-Absorbent Artificial Turf
This feature means that an artificial turf installation in Chattanooga doesn’t absorb water or other substances. This is helpful if you live in an area with heavy rainfall or high humidity because it will keep your grass lawns looking fresh and green even when it rains.
Another benefit of this feature is that it prevents the growth of mold and mildew, which can be a problem with real grass. Aside from repelling moisture, it also helps keep your turf odor-free.
A weed barrier helps prevent weeds from growing on your lawn by preventing sunlight from reaching the soil below. It also keeps roots from penetrating through the best artificial turf in Chattanooga, TN and damaging it.
Non-Flammable Grass Blades
This feature makes sure that if something catches fire on your property, it won’t spread to your yard. The blades are made of durable fibers that won’t catch fire when they come into contact with flames or sparks.
Artificial grass fiber never gets hot enough to burn even when it’s in direct sunlight. It’s made from heat-resistant polypropylene. Direct contact with extremely hot things, like coals, will only melt it not burn it.
Premium artificial grass products have been treated to resist freezing temperatures. The treatment ensures that they won’t become brittle, crack or break in cold weather. This will help extend the life of your artificial turf putting green in Chattanooga, TN while protecting it from damage due to cold snaps or frost heaves
UV-stabilized synthetic grass is resistant to fading and discoloration caused by exposure to sunlight. This means that it will stay vibrant for years even when it’s not in a shady area.
Non-Staining Artificial Turf Surface
Artificial turf doesn’t stain, so you feel free to host parties and other events on it. With natural grass, you’d have to worry about stains from dog urine, food spills or other common household items. But with artificial grass, you can rest easy knowing that you can easily rinse off spills and that they won’t leave a trace.
The urethane backing on artificial grass provides extra durability and strength. It helps ensure that the material stays in place without any sagging or folding. You won’t have to worry about replacing your lawn every few years.
Fake grass also has a perforated design that allows water to drain through it easily while keeping weeds out. This makes it ideal for areas where there are high levels of rainfall or where flooding is common such as near rivers. It allows water to drain through quickly while keeping out weeds that could otherwise grow in wet soil or puddles.
Maintenance Tips to Make Your Artificial Grass Last for Years
Despite all of these features, your artificial grass still needs some TLC to stay in perfect shape. Don’t worry though – it takes very little effort to care for artificial grass. In particular, keep these steps in mind:
- Remove debris from your turf regularly. This includes leaves, twigs and other organic matter that can fall on it. While they won’t damage artificial grass, organic matter will eventually rot. This can cause all sorts of issues, such as bad smells and mold growth, and even attract pests to your backyard.
- Rinse off spills as soon as possible. Just like with any other type of flooring, it’s best to clean up spills right away. This will prevent them from staining the artificial turf or causing any other damage. Some substances can also clog the porous layer that supports proper drainage. If this happens, you may have to deal with problems such as flooding or water pooling on your turf.
- Keep an eye out for sharp objects. Sharp objects can puncture the backing of artificial grass, causing it to leak. If you want to place furniture on your turf, choose ones with smooth, rounded edges. The same goes for toys – avoid leaving sharp objects lying around on your turf.
- Protect your turf from excessive heat. While artificial grass is heat resistant, it can still be damaged by extreme heat. Specifically, direct flame can melt the fibers. If you’re having a barbecue or bonfire in your backyard, keep it well away from your turf – ideally, on some type of hardscape.
- Check for damage regularly. Take a close look at your artificial turf every few weeks to look for any signs of wear and tear. If you notice any rips, tears or other damage, repair it as soon as possible or better yet, call a professional to do the job. The sooner you fix the problem, the less likely it is to cause any further damage.
And that’s it! With these simple tips, you can keep your artificial turf looking and functioning great for years to come.
Achieve the Perfect Yard Makeover With an Artificial Turf Installation in Chattanooga, TN
We want your yard to be the envy of the neighborhood and we’re here to help you make it happen. Whether you want to mimic one of these yard designs or go for a fully custom look, we’ve got you covered here at Chattanooga Artificial Grass.
Take your pick from the highest quality synthetic turf products in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Then, tell us how you want to add it to your landscape. Our turf experts will complete your project in the shortest time possible. Call us now or send us a message online!